Golden Rutilated Quartz
Rutile is a mineral, which often forms needle-like crystal inclusions (see description below) inside quartz, that look like small bars of imbedded gold, red or black.
This gem is AWESOME! Nicely cut and highly polished. Beautiful and one of a kind. It would make a very special jewelry piece.
***Inclusions are characteristics which are inside a stone or that extend to the inside from the surface. These include:
- Clouds- hazy areas in a stone
- Needles- long thin inclusions, also called growth tubes
- Cracks- also called fractures, breaks or feathers. Straight flat cracks are called cleavages.
- Halos- circular fractures
- Growth or Color Zoning- uneven color distribution in a stone
- Cavities- holes or indentations extending from the surface into the stone
- Chips- notches or chips
Inclusions are entirely normal within gemstones and most do not affect the structural integrity of the stone.
Welcome to Adornajoy Gems!
We carry a large selection of high quality semi-precious gems, in cabochons and faceted gemstones, at excellent prices. That, combined with superior customer service, make Adornajoy Gems an exceptional place to shop.