Golden Rutilated Quartz
Rutile is a mineral, which often forms needle-like crystal inclusions (see description below) inside quartz, that look like small bars of imbedded gold, red or black.
Free Form - almost a Pear Cut, but not exactly
This gem is AWESOME! Nicely cut and highly polished. Beautiful and one of a kind. It would make a very special jewelry piece.
***Inclusions are characteristics which are inside a stone or that extend to the inside from the surface. These include:
- Clouds- hazy areas in a stone
- Needles- long thin inclusions, also called growth tubes
- Cracks- also called fractures, breaks or feathers. Straight flat cracks are called cleavages.
- Halos- circular fractures
- Growth or Color Zoning- uneven color distribution in a stone
- Cavities- holes or indentations extending from the surface into the stone
- Chips- notches or chips
Inclusions are entirely normal within gemstones and most do not affect the structural integrity of the stone.
Welcome to Adornajoy Gems!
We carry a large selection of high quality semi-precious gems, in cabochons and faceted gemstones, at excellent prices. That, combined with superior customer service, make Adornajoy Gems an exceptional place to shop.